Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Boats
Prep Time: 35 min | Cook Time: 22 min | Servings: 6 | Calories: 358
- 6 large poblano peppers*
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb. cooked small shrimp (or chopped large shrimp)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun or blackened seasoning mix
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Slice off about 1/4 of peppers lengthwise. Finely chop the slices; place in a large bowl. Remove and discard seeds from pepper "boats." Cook in simmering water to cover, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well; transfer to a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Add rice, shrimp, salsa and seasoning mix to bowl with chopped peppers; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers boats, mounding if necessary.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes or until hot. Combine cilantro and remaining cheese; sprinkle over pepper boats. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.