Southern Garlic Mash Potatoes & Cheese Sauce
Prep Time: 15 MIN | Cook Time: 30 MIN | Servings: 8
- 2 lbs. Baby red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- White pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Sargento® Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chives
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar cheese
- Dice potatoes into cubes. Place potatoes in a large pot (6-quart) and cover with cold, salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until tender.
- Drain cooked potatoes. Add in the heavy cream, butter, Cajun season, white pepper, Pepper Jack cheese, chives and sour cream and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth, adding a little extra milk if needed. Add in the garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- FOR SAUCE: In a skillet on medium heat, add whipping cream and allow to come to a simmer. Add in a dash of Cajun seasoning and 4 State Cheddar cheese a little at a time until your sauce is creamy.