Cheddar Walnut Scones
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 18 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 255
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried currants or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, walnuts and currants.
- Combine milk and egg; stir into flour mixture until moistened. Knead 10 times on floured surface.
- Roll or pat into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 wedges. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 18 minutes or until light golden brown.