Appetizer & Sides
Queso Tequila FundidoPrep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: 4 | Calories: 750
<p>This “molten cheese” dip gets a festive burst of flavor from tequila and Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican. It’s a great appetizer for a gathering of friends or home movie or game night with the family.</p>
- 1/2 lb. Chorizo
- 1 small Onion
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 1/4 cup Diced green chilies, drained
- 4 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Traditional Cut
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Pico de gallo, prepared
- Tortilla Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat, add chorizo and brown in a pan, breaking up the meat with a wooden spatula as it cooks. When chorizo is completely cooked, drain grease and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook over medium heat until softened. Add chilies and cook another minute, stirring once or twice. Add tequila and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese and cornstarch. Toss until cheese is coated with cornstarch. Add cheese to pan.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is well melted and lightly browned on top.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a trivet or hot pad. Sprinkle cooked chorizo and pico de gallo over cheese. Finish with chopped cilantro and serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.