Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 959
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 or 16 oz.) hominy (pozole), drained
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce* or 2 tsp. chipotle hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese, divided
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- =Optional garnishes:
- Sour cream, chopped cilantro, dried Mexican oregano
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, broth, hominy and, if desired, chipotle chiles; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken; simmer 1 minute.
- Place 1-1/2 cups cheese and the tortilla chips in 4 shallow serving bowls. Ladle stew over cheese mixture in each bowl. Top with remaining cheese and garnish as desired.