Machaca & Cheese BurritosPrep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min | Servings: | Calories:
<p>These burritos are filled with machacado, chopped veggies and plenty of Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican for a delicious and flavorful meal!</p>
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup Anaheim chili pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz shredded dried beef (machacado)
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 8 (10-inch) burrito flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 oz) slices Sargento® Shredded Monterrey Jack Natural Cheese
- For Filling: Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, sauté onions, Anaheim chili pepper and garlic until translucent, add shredded dried beef and cook for 3 minutes more, add tomatoes, cumin, pepper, and crushed oregano, season with salt to taste if needed (shredded beef is salty) cook until machaca is slightly dry, remove from heat.
- For the burritos: eat the tortillas in a skillet until soft, spoon machaca filling in the center of the tortillas, top with ½ cup of cheese and fold each tortilla into burrito shape. Place burritos in skillet and toast on all sides. Serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.