Mac & Cheese
One Pan Mac & CheesePrep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hr | Servings: | Calories:
<p><span>Craving comfort food? Our deliciously creamy and rich One Pot Mac & Cheese has just five ingredients and can be prepared in a matter of minutes. </span></p>
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the 2 blocks of cheese to the center of a deep baking dish.
- Pour raw macaroni and milk around the cheese in the center, along the perimeter of the dish.
- Add garlic and a generous portion of salt.
- Gently stir along the perimeter of the dish to mix the pasta and milk.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and stir to combine until the cheeses from the center are evenly incorporated throughout the mac and cheese. Season to taste.
4 out of 5
I gave this four stars bc I didn’t follow the instructions exactly. I used 2 cups of chicken broth, 3 cups of milk, and 1 cup heavy cream. I also set the temp at 325 bc of the cream.
Well, the cream or milk, or both, curdled.
It was too much liquid, but I sometimes have to guess as I use gluten free pasta. I added another 1-1/2 cups of combined shredded mozzarella and cheddar to thicken it.
The pasta is tender, the taste is great. I’ll tweak a little more with the amount of liquid. I’ll keep adding the chicken broth to save a few calories.
If you don’t mind seeing curdled milk, go ahead. It’s very tasty!