If you have a bumper crop of zucchini or bought a bunch at the farmers market, save the blossoms! They have a delicate flavor and can be used in a variety of recipes, like these quesadillas. Sargento® Authentic Mexican Shredded Cheese adds great flavor to the filling.
- 4 Tbsp. Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 Jalapeño pepper, minced
- 16 Zucchini blossoms, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR QUESADILLAS:
- 8 Corn tortillas
- Zucchini blossom filling
- 2 cups Sargento® Authentic Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Sauté onion in oil until translucent, add garlic, jalapeño and cook for 2 more minutes. Incorporate zucchini blossoms and sauté until cooked down and liquid has evaporated, season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Heat the tortillas on both sides until they are soft and pliable, fold in half. Divide the cheese and filling among
the 8 tortillas, place on a skillet over medium heat until the tortilla is golden, flip and cook until the other side of the tortilla is golden, and the cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Place quesadillas on a warm plate and enjoy!