Cherry tomatoes pack a sweet, flavorful punch in this friendly breakfast. Combined with basil leaves and Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Italian Blend cheese, there is no shortage of fresh flavors to enjoy.
- 1.5 lbs. cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 1 shallot, sliced into 1/4 “slices
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 6 slices of bacon, diced
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cups Sargento® Reserve Series™ Shredded Aged Italian Blend cheese
- Preheat to 400 F. Place tomatoes, garlic, shallots and crushed red pepper on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to combine. Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until tomatoes are split and soft and slightly charred. Scrape or spoon half of the tomatoes and all garlic and shallots into a blender. Add 1/3 cup basil, remove the center cap from the lid and cover with a towel. Pulse several times to chop tomatoes but don’t blend completely. Combine mixture and remaining tomatoes in a bowl.
- In a medium skillet sauté the bacon until crisp, approximately 8-10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain the fat
- Place 4 large (12-14oz) oven proof ramekins on a sheet tray and divide the tomato sauce and bacon evenly. Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl (so the yolks stay intact), make 2 wells in the tomato sauce of one ramekin and slide one egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining 3 ramekins. Divide the cheese among the dishes and bake until the egg whites are opaque and yolks are just set, about 15-20 minutes. Thinly slice remaining basil and and garnish with basil and more crushed red pepper if desired. Serve immediately.