<p>This wonderfully filling quiche style tart will leave you feeling deliciously energized and not overly stuffed. Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese brings in a mild level of cheesy flavor that enhances the texture of the fluffy eggs once they’re baked to perfection. This dish is just the thing for an elegant brunch buffet served along with fresh fruit and mimosas.</p>
- 1 refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust (1/2 of 14 oz. pkg.)
- 1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped well-drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-7/8 cups (7.5 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese, divided
- Fit pie crust into 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray; flute edges.
- Place spinach in a large microwaveable bowl. Cook on high power 2 minutes or until wilted. Drain in colander until cool. Squeeze dry; coarsely chop and set aside. Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in half and half, sour cream, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and 1 -1/4 cups cheese until well blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and center is just set. Top with remaining cheese; let stand at room temperature 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.