<p>Pizza & Thanksgiving join forces with a little help from Sargento<span>®</span> Cheese. Leftover mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes are combined and spread onto an extra-large refrigerated pie crust, and then topped with turkey gravy, carved turkey, chopped leftover green beans, cranberries and a generous amount of Sargento<span>®</span> Shredded Mozzarella Natural Cheese and fried onions. Then the edges are folded over the top and baked until golden brown.</p>
- 2 9-inch Refrigerated pie crusts, brought to room temperature
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- ½ cup leftover sweet potatoes or squash
- ½ cup prepared turkey gravy
- 1 ½ cups carved turkey, broken into pieces
- ½ cup cooked green beans, chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh or frozen cranberries, sliced
- 1 ¼ cups Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella Natural Cheese
- ¼ cup fried onions, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle some flour over a clean, flat countertop. Unwrap and unroll
one pie crust and place it on the floured surface. Repeat with the remaining pie crust, placing
it over the other pie crust. Roll out the double pie crust to a 15” round.
- In a small bowl, combine the mashed potato and sweet potatoes or squash. Spread mixture over the
pie dough, leaving 2” around the edge. This will be folded over later.
- Place turkey pieces over gravy.
- Sprinkle green bean pieces and cranberries over turkey.
- Spoon gravy over green beans and cranberries.
- Spread cheese over the top of gravy.
- Sprinkle fried onions over cheese (optional.)
- Fold pie dough edges over the top of the ingredients, crimping every 2-3 inches to make it easier to
fold. The center 11” will be uncovered.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate, cut into slices and serve.
- Note: Rolled out pizza dough can be substituted for the pie dough.
- Note: May substitute canned cranberry sauce for fresh or frozen. Simply spoon a small amount of sauce over
the green beans.