<p>Cornucopia meets charcuterie with this updated version of a classic. We made sure to include lots of Sargento® Cheese to this horn o plenty.</p>
- 2 tubes(11 ozs.) refrigerated thin pizza dough
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Lg. sheets heavy duty aluminum foil (about 3 ft. long)
- 1 bottle of wine such as Chardonnay or Pinot noir
- 3 Blocks Sargento® Cheeses, Sharp Cheddar-Jack, Fiesta Pepper Jack, or Extra Sharp Cheddar, sliced or cubed
- 9 ozs. assorted cured meats (salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, etc.)
- 30 ea. assorted crackers
- assorted fruits and veggies (grapes, berries, cucumber slices, etc.)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- fresh herbs of your choice
- Fold one sheet of the foil in half, then form the foil around the top of the wine bottle, pressing firmly around the top. Remove the bottle from the foil and return the bottle to your collection.
- Open the wide end of the foil form, and fold the edges in to make it sturdier. Crumple the remaining
piece of foil into a loose ball shape big enough to fit inside the opening. Gently fin the foil into the
- Carefully form the cone into a cornucopia by curving the small end into a point curving upward. Spray
the entire outside of the form with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the foil cornucopia on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll one tube of pizza dough and gently wrap the foil cornucopia with the dough, being careful not to wrap it too tightly.
- Stretch the dough up to the front edges and around the sides. If the bottom isn’t covered, don’t worry,
it won’t show when filled.
- Unroll the remaining tube of dough. Cut three 1/2" strips of dough the long way and braid the three
strips. Place the braid over the front edge of dough and wrap around the sides. Tuck the ends under
the foil mold.
- Cut the remaining dough into long strips and wrap the strips over the dough covered cornucopia. Tuck
any ends under the bottom and wrap the dough by the curved end around. Remove any excess dough.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water. Brush mixture over entire dough surface.
- Transfer cornucopia to the center rack of the oven. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove pan from oven, and carefully remove foil form from the inside. Return to oven and let bake an
additional 5 minutes or until inside of cornucopia has dried completely. Remove from oven and let
- Place cooled cornucopia onto a large board or tray. Fill the inside of the cornucopia with fruits,
vegetables, crackers and cheese, letting ingredients spill out onto the board. Garnish with fresh herbs
to fill in holes. Serve.