<p>Fondue is a holiday tradition. However, it can often become stringy and get firm quickly if not made in a fondue pot. This version is perfectly creamy thanks to Sargento<span>®</span> 4 State Cheddar. The best part is that if there are leftovers, it reheats back to it’s creamy state easily.</p>
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 med. shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio
- 1 Tbsp. Stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted bread cubes, vegetables or cooked shrimp for dipping
- Chopped chives or parsley (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded cheeses and half of the flour. Toss until cheese is coated completely. Set aside.
- In a 1 qt. saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Stir in the shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes,
stirring often, until softened. Add remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Stir in wine, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook covered for 10 minutes on low, stirring often,
until mixture has thickened and is smooth. Stir in cheeses. Simmer, stirring often, until cheese has
melted completely and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer cheese sauce to a small bowl or dish and serve with cubes of bread, cut vegetables or cooked
shrimp for dipping. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley if desired.