<p>This Latin inspired dish combines crisp hashbrown patties, peppers, onions, cilantro, eggs, cream and loads of <span>Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese.</span></p>
- 10 oz. fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 ½ cups onion, diced
- 1 ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 pkg.(10 patties) frozen hash brown patties
- 12 lg. eggs, beaten
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 pkg Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese (10 slices)
- Assorted toppings- pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, salsa (optional)
- Brown chorizo in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat with a spatula as it cooks. Transfer browned meat to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of green peppers, 1 cup of red peppers, and onions to pan and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until crisp. Stir in the cooked chorizo and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring continually. Remove pan from heat and let cool while preparing eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble: Place 8-10 hashbrowns in the bottom of a greased 13” X 9” baking dish. Place 8 slices of cheese over hashbrowns. Spoon the cooked meat and vegetable mixture over cheese, place 8 more slices of cheese over meat mixture. If there are any hashbrown patties remaining, crumble them over the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle green onions and remaining green and red peppers.
- Place pan on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 min. Sprinkle cilantro over bake and top with toppings of choice. Serve.