Turkey Cheeseburgers With Pickled Peppers, Onions & CucumbersPrep Time: 45 min | Cook Time: 7 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 2286
<p>A turkey cheeseburger is a great option when you want to opt for a delicious meal but don’t want to give up your favorite burger flavor. You’ll feel like a chef pickling your own peppers in a simple mixture of boiling water, vinegar and sugar and placing them on top of a seasoned turkey patty with delicious melted Sargento® Ultra Thin® Colby-Jack Cheese Slices on top.<br>Go to <a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="https://www.cookinglight.com/" target="_blank">CookingLight.com</a> for more recipes.</p>
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced mini sweet pepper rings
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper rings
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper rings
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 3/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Colby-Jack Cheese Slices
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Cooking spray
- Bring vinegar, water, and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Place bell peppers, cucumber, onion, and 2 tbsp. dill in a large bowl; pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp. dill, turkey, salt, and pepper. Shape turkey mixture into 4 patties. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn patties over; cook 2½ minutes. Top patties with cheese; cook 1½ minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread mayonnaise over bottom halves of buns. Top with patties. Divide vegetable mixture over patties; top with top halves of buns.
There are currently no reviews or comments.