<p>Topped with sliced cheese and served on grilled country bread, these hearty lunch or dinner-size steak sandwiches with chimichurri are bursting with fresh herb and citrus flavor. </p>
- 2 strip loin steaks (8 oz/500 g total)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 thick-cut slices tomato
- 4 slices Sargento® Colby-Jack
- 4 thick-cut slices country bread, lightly grilled
- CILANTRO LIME CHIMICHURRI:
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Pinch salt
- CILANTRO LIME CHIMICHURRI: Whisk together olive oil, cilantro, vinegar, scallions, lime zest and juice, garlic, chili powder and salt; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; lightly grease grate. Season steaks with salt and pepper; grill, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes or until medium-rare.
- Place 2 tomato slices and 2 slices cheese on each steak; grill for about 1 minute or until cheese melts. Place each steak on slice of toasted bread; spoon chimichurri over top. Sandwich with remaining bread.