Sausage & Asiago Sliders
Prep Time: 15 MIN | Cook Time: 45 MIN | Servings: 4
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 small Onion, cut into strips
- 1 ½ cups Sweet bell pepper strips
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Vodka sauce, prepared
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ea. Italian sausage, grilled, sliced
- 8 ea. Mini french rolls, toasted, split
- 8 slices Sargento® Reserve Series™ Fresh Asiago Cheese
- 2 cups Arugula, washed
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add oil and next 4 ingredients. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add vodka sauce and parsley. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Add sausage. Simmer until sausage is heated through.
- Open up buns and place a slice of cheese into bottom and up sides. Spoon sausage and vegetable mixture into buns. Top with arugula. Serve.