Pulled Pork Quesadillas with Door County Barbecue Sauce
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 48 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 831
- 1/4 lb. Door County (tart) cherries, pitted* and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 lbs. cooked pulled pork**
- 16 slices Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- 16 slices Sargento Sliced Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Sliced pickled peppers, optional
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cook cherries and sugar in water in small saucepan over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in barbecue sauce. Pour over pulled pork; stir evenly.
- Place two slices of each variety of cheese on each tortilla. Top each with pork, onion and peppers, divided. Fold in half.
- Heat 1-1/2 tsp. oil in large skillet on medium heat. Heat filled tortillas, one at a time, 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Cut into quarters. Repeat with remaining oil and filled tortillas.