<p>This super easy slow cooker dinner is loaded with flavor. You’ll love the smells that fill your home when you walk in the door after a long day. For a vegetarian option, eliminate the chorizo and chicken and substitute squash or zucchini.</p>
- 1 can (15 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup brown rice, uncooked
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 3 oz. chorizo sausage, casing removed
- ½ tsp. ground oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Traditional Cut
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup avocado, cubed
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes and next 9 ingredients. Stir with a large spoon until chorizo is broken into sauce.
- Add chicken breast and spoon mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Bring chicken to the top with a serving spoon, then sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Spoon into shallow bowls. Serve topped with chopped cilantro and avocado.