Mexican Chip CasserolePrep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Servings: 6 | Calories: 590
This casserole is filled with delicious crushed tortilla chips, plus seasoned ground beef simmered in cumin, chilies and a hearty tomato sauce. Each layer oozes with melted Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Traditional Cut and a sour cream-infused beef mixture that you’ve handcrafted yourself!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 cups (8 oz.) coarsely crushed, lightly salted tortilla chips, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican - Traditional Cut, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook beef and onion in large skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently; pour off drippings. Add tomato sauce, chilies, cumin and salt; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coat medium casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer half of the tortilla chips, 3/4 cup cheese and half of the beef mixture in dish. Repeat layering with remaining chips, 3/4 cup cheese and beef mixture.
- Cover dish with foil; bake in preheated 350°F oven 20 minutes. Uncover; spread sour cream over beef mixture and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven; bake 10 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
0 out of 5
Took this recipe and tweeked it with what was on hand....ground turkey, mild picante sauce, tortilla chips, mexican 4 cheeses, low sodium kidney beans and sour cream....YUM!
5 out of 5
I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I added chopped green pepper and substituted a can of Total with chilies and a 5 oz can of tomato sauce. Easy and delicious!