<p><span>Upside Down Cheesy Puff Pastry is a delectable and visually appealing dish that combines the flaky goodness of puff pastry with both sweet and savory fillings and a cheesy topping. This recipe creates a mouthwatering treat that is perfect as an appetizer or a snack</span></p>
- 2 sliced pears
- 1 package puff pastry, frozen
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup bacon or ham, cooked
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella Natural Cheese
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Natural Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lg egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Let your frozen puff pastry thaw for several hours in the refrigerator before unrolling.
- Unroll puff pastry sheets (there will be two). Use a rolling pin to sightly roll out each sheet.
- Cut each sheet into 6 rectangles.
- Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons of honey on the parchment paper equally spaced apart 6 times. Spread to create a thin layer.
- Arrange 4-5 fruit slices, ham, or bacon in a single layer on top of the honey, ensuring that they are evenly distributed. Spread 2 tablespoons of cheese on honey mixture for each pastry. Sprinkle fresh herbs or Italian seasoning on desired pastry. Get creative and make a few versions.
- Place the puff pastry rectangle on top of the cheese and honey/meat layer, gently pressing down to seal the edges.
- Brush the puff pastry with a thin layer of egg wash (one egg beaten with a tablespoon of water) ensuring even coverage. Repeat this process with all the pastry squares you have.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Let them cool for 5 mins and flip them over to see all your savory flavors!