Appetizer & Sides
Zucchini Stuffed TomatoesPrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 127
<p>During harvest season, people are always looking for ways to use up the bounty of zucchini and tomatoes. This recipe uses both. Large, vine-ripe tomatoes are stuffed with a filling of Sargento® Mozzarella or Mild Cheddar, chopped zucchini, the tomato pulp and croutons for a delicious meatless meal.</p>
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cute or Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup herb croutons
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; scoop out pulp, juice and seeds, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop pulp and drain; place in medium bowl. Sprinkle tomato shells lightly with salt; drain cut-side down on paper towels while preparing stuffing.
- Stir cheese, zucchini, croutons, basil and pepper into tomato pulp; mix well. Divide mixture among tomato shells. Arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 20 minutes or until tomatoes are hot and cheese is melted.
There are currently no reviews or comments.