<p>This veggie side dish is so good, you may want to eat it as an entree'. Roasted cauliflower, parsnips and garlic are bathed in a creamy Sargento® cheese sauce layered with more cheese, then topped with chopped green onions and gluten free breadcrumbs.</p>
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 5 cups Cauliflower
- 2 cups Parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Sargento® Reserve Series™ Shredded 18-Month Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Green Onions, Sliced
- Pre-heat oven to low broil. In a large bowl, stir together garlic and next 4 ingredients. Add cauliflower and parsnips. Toss to coat. Spread mixture onto a greased baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Turn oven to bake at 400 degrees. While cauliflower mixture is in the oven, prepare cheese sauce.
- For Cheese Sauce: In a 3-quart saucepan, combine chicken or vegetable broth, cream, stir in dry mustard and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat. While liquid is heating up, in a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of cheese and cornstarch. Toss to coat completely. When liquid is hot, slowly whisk in cheese mixture. Continue whisking until cheese has melted. Bring mixture to a boil, while continuing to whisk mixture, until thickened and smooth. Remove sauce from heat and pour cheese sauce into a large bowl. Fold in roasted cauliflower mixture.
- Spray 2-4 individual gratin dishes or a baking dish with non-stick spray. Spoon cauliflower mixture into the gratin dishes. Sprinkle bread crumbs and green onions on top. Place gratin dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown. Serve. Makes approximately 5 cups.