<p><span>These sweet and slightly spicy cheese stuffed peppers are a simple but delicious appetizer to serve for your next get together. They can be served cold or warm.</span></p>
- 12 ozs. Cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican, fine cut, divided
- 4 Tbsp. Crumbled bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Red onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Seasoned salt
- 9 small Sweet peppers
- 3 med. Jalapeno peppers
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese and next 4 ingredients. Set aside.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut one third of each pepper off lengthwise just above the stem, then finely chop the removed pieces and transfer to the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Hollow out the peppers and remove the seeds with a small spoon.
- Fill each pepper with about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- Spoon remaining shredded cheese onto a plate. Roll filled peppers into the shredded cheese and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy.