Appetizer & Sides
Bacon Cheese Burger DipPrep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>This cheesy dip will make you feel like you are eating your favorite bacon cheeseburger in dip form. The flavorful bun chips are a great way to use leftover buns.</p>
- 1/2 tsp Beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup Shredded iceburg lettuce
- 5 ea. Sliced Pickles, chopped
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar® Cheese
- 3 slices Cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Red onion, diced
- 1 ea. Leftover hamburger patty, cooked and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Half & half
- SPECIAL SAUCE BUN CHIPS:
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Prepared thousand island dressing
- 4 ea. Sesame seed buns
- FOR SESAME BUN CHIPS:
- Flatten each bun half using a can or the bottom of a plate or skillet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together dressing, ketchup, mustard and garlic powder.
- Spread special sauce over cut side of flattened bun halves. Set aside remaining sauce to use on the dip.
- Toast bun halves over warm coals until crisp and golden brown. Cut each half into quarters. Transfer to a plate or basket. Set aside until ready to serve.
- FOR DIP:
- Pre-heat a seasoned 8" cast iron skillet over a medium hot fire. Add butter and melt completely. Stir in flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring after a minute.
- Add bouillon granules to water and add to pan. Add half & half and stir or whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped hamburger, onions and bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese 1 cup at a time, letting the cheese melt in before each addition.
- When cheese is completely melted, stir in pickles and remove pan from heat.
- TO SERVE:
- Spoon reserved special sauce on top of dip. Pile shredded lettuce into center of dip. Top with chopped tomato and serve with special sauce bun chips.
There are currently no reviews or comments.