<p>Shrimp, onions and peppers are sauteed and added to a corn tortilla with Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican. The tortilla is folded and fried to a nice golden brown and served when the cheese is melty!</p>
- SHRIMP FILLING:
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup poblano chili pepper strips (flame broiled, peeled, and seeded)
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 lb. peeled, deveined uncooked and chopped shrimp
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR TACOS:
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 oz) Sargento® Shredded Swiss Natural Cheese
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- For the shrimp filling: Heat butter in skillet over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic until translucent, add poblano pepper strips, celery and cook for 3 more minutes. Add the shrimp and sauté until cooked through (4-5 minutes), season with oregano, salt, and pepper to taste, mix well and remove from heat.
- For the governor’s tacos: In large skillet over medium heat, warm the tortillas on one side, flip them over and add the cheese, spoon the shrimp filling and fold un half (like a quesadilla) brush both sides of the tortilla with melted butter and cook on 2 minutes per side or until cheese is completely melted. Serve.