- 2 cups canola oil
- 3 plantains, green
- 1 package Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup guacamole or avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- Heat oil in a clean frying pan. Peel and slice the plantains into thick 3 inch pieces. Fry until golden brown and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Smash the fried plantains gently using a tostonera or two plates. Fry again until golden brown and crispy throughout.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Assemble the loaded fries in an oven safe skillet or baking sheet starting with a layer of tostones, a few spoonfuls of the shredded chicken, pickled jalapenos, and lots of Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with guacamole or avocado, sour cream, tomato, cilantro and green onion.