Make these delicious pita pizzas in a snap! Onion wedges, minced garlic, bell pepper strips and thyme simmered in a chicken broth are topped with a layer of smooth melted Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria for rustic flavor you crave with every bite.
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 small green bell peppers, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 4 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 (6-inch) pita breads, split horizontally
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes; stir occasionally. Add pepper strips, broth, basil, thyme, pepper flakes and salt, if desired; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Layer tomatoes evenly over pita breads; top with warm vegetable mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil.