Chicken "Americano"Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 721
<p>This classic dish is prepared with coated, sautéed chicken breasts served over angel hair pasta and topped with melty Sargento® Mozzarella. It’s a meals-in-minutes recipe the whole family will love.</p>
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked, drained
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut each chicken breast half in half crosswise and pound between plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thickness; Melt butter with 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. In batches, add chicken to bag; shake to coat lightly with flour mixture. Dip in eggs to coat both sides, letting excess egg drip off. Discard any extra flour mixture and egg. Sauté chicken in skillet 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown; transfer to a plate and set aside. Add sherry to skillet; cook, stirring to scrape up browned bits, until reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Pour over chicken.
- Add remaining oil and garlic to same skillet over low heat; cook 2 minutes or until garlic is just beginning to brown. Add hot cooked pasta, 2 tablespoons parsley, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes; toss well. Transfer mixture to a shallow 1-1/2 quart-baking dish. Arrange chicken over pasta; top with cheese. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with remaining parsley, if desired.
There are currently no reviews or comments.