<p>This quinoa cheddar bake includes a combination of flavorful veggies, quinoa and a mix of spices, then it is piled high with Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican. Try this for your next family dinner night!</p>
- 2 cups Quinoa, uncooked - any color
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. Cooking OIl of choice
- 1 small Yellow onion, diced
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 each Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 16 oz. jar Salsa verde or Salsa of choice
- 15 oz. can Black Bean, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz. can Diced Green Chillies
- 1 cup Greek yogurt of choice
- 8 oz Sargento® Shredded 4 Mexican, divided
- 1 cup Green onion, sliced
- 1 each Avocado, Sliced
- 1 each Jalapeno, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish (9x13 inch or similar) with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place Quinoa, Vegetable broth and 1 tsp. Salt in a large saucepan, then bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then pour into large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Reuse the same saucepan for this next step. Heat the cooking oil over medium high. Add the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, salt and red pepper flake. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and Salsa, cook 1 additional minute. Remove from the heat, and pour mixture into the Quinoa bowl.
- Into the Quinoa bowl, stir in the black beans, Pinto beans, diced green chillies, Greek yogurt and 2 cup Sargento® 4 Mexican Cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly in the pan. Top with remaining 1 cup Sargento® 4 Mexican Cheese. Bake, uncovered, until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted and bubbly about 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes, sprinkle with green onions, avocado, jalapenos and chopped cilantro. Serve and Enjoy.
- TIP: If you have leftovers this makes an amazing breakfast. Reheat the Quinoa Cheddar Bake and top with a fried egg or scrambled eggs with cheese and some extra cilantro.