Cheese & Chicken EnchiladasPrep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 683
Everyone loves mouthwatering, cheesy enchiladas and these are no exception. This Mexican-inspired dish features Sargento® Taco Blend Cheese melted inside and on top with the cool crunch of shredded lettuce, tomato and black olives.
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups red or green salsa, divided
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Taco Cheese, divided
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Sliced ripe olives
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken, onion and garlic 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup salsa and cumin. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in 11x7-inch baking dish. Spoon remaining 1 cup salsa evenly over tortillas.
- Cover and bake in preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes or until hot. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and olives.
There are currently no reviews or comments.