<p>Amazingly creamy and flavor-packed, this Creamy Jalapeño Corn Casserole is the indulgent vegetable dish you need on your table. Spiced using freshly chopped jalapeños and filled (and topped) with lots of creamy cheese, this corn casserole will be your new way to enjoy corn.</p>
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 4 cups fresh or frozen yellow corn
- 2 Tbsp clove of garlic, minced (1 large garlic head)
- 1/3 cup fresh jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese
- fresh jalapeño, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter and red onions. Cook at medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- In the same saucepan, add corn, garlic, jalapeño, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and red cayenne pepper. Stir, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Add honey and the heavy cream and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until it begins to boil lightly. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and 2 cups of cheddar cheese, then add the corn mixture stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Pour ingredients into an 8X8 or 9x9 baking dish and top with the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese and sliced jalapeño, optional.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges of the casserole are bubbling. Allow to cool, then serve.