Southern Fried Green TomatoesPrep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 4 Min | Servings: | Calories:
<p>These fried tomatoes topped with Sargento® 4 State Cheddar are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Serve these by themselves, with spicy dipping sauce or in between 2 slices of bread for a delicious tomato cheese sandwich.</p><p> </p>
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 Large ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 cup Sargento® 4 State Cheddar Shreds
- Oil for frying
- Whisk together the egg and milk.
- In 3 separate bowls place the flour and Cajun seasoning in the first one, the egg mix in the second, and bread crumbs in the third. Coat the sliced tomatoes in all three and set aside.
- Using a medium skillet add the oil and turn on medium heat and wait for it to get hot about 2-3 minutes. Carefully lay tomato slices into the oil one at a time and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with remoulade sauce or ranch dressing with bread and chips on the side.
There are currently no reviews or comments.