<p>Here’s a cornbread recipe with a Cajun twist. Andouille sausage, bell peppers, onion and celery and spices create the jambalaya flavors enhanced by bold Sargento® Sharp Cheddar with Sargento® 4 State Cheddar melted on top. You’ll love this one, gar-en-teed!</p>
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 5 Tbsp. Salted butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ¾ cup Andouille sausage, diced
- ¼ cup Red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Red onion, diced
- ¼ cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch cast iron pan or 8x8 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add egg,
butter, and milk. Stir gently to combine.
- Add in sharp cheddar cheese, andouille sausage, red and green pepper, red onion and
celery. Mix will. Add batter into pan and smooth out.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cornbread mixture
comes out clean.
- Top with 4 State Cheddar cheese and serve.