<p>This is one of those recipes you can make quickly for large parties and ,more importantly, Game Days. An easy and creamy dip that gets some fresh flavor from the sofrito and its punchiness from the Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese. It also has some extra savoriness (without the extra saltiness) from the adobo seasoning; adobo is a Puerto Rican all purpose seasoning that usually consists of garlic, turmeric, cumin and oregano.</p>
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese
- 2 tablespoons salt free adobo
- ¼ cup sofrito
- chorizo for garnish (optional)
- Over medium-high heat, in a medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 30 seconds.
- While whisking, gradually pour in milk in increments. Continue to cook until sauce is thick, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and lowly add in cheeses, handfuls at a time, until the cheese has completely melted. Stir in adobo and sofrito. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, in a skillet, saute chorizo until some of the fat has rendered and some bits are crispy. Remove crispy bits with a slotted spoon and garnish on top of queso dip.
- Serve with plantain chips or tortilla chips.