<p>Add some spice to your game day eats with these fried jalapeños stuffed with Sargento<strong>®</strong> Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese. They are crispy, gooey and delicious with a spicy kick.</p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> </p>
- 12 jalapeños, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Bring 6 cups of water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add jalapeños and boil for 10 minutes. Immediately remove from hot water and set aside to cool completely.
- Once jalapeños are completely cooled, make a 2-inch slit on each jalapeño. Using a small spoon, scrape out veins and seeds. Stuff with 1-2 tablespoons Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese (depending on the size of jalapeño) and seal with toothpick if necessary.
- Heat oil in medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Place flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls.
- Dredge each stuffed jalapeño in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, coating evenly on all sides. Using tongs, carefully place in hot oil 3-4 jalapeños at a time. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until coating is golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining jalapeños. Transfer to a serving tray and serve.