<p><span>Indulge in a delectable dish of roasted poblano peppers, generously filled with Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese and succulent shrimp, all bathed in a creamy and smoky chipotle sauce. Brace yourself for a flavor explosion as the chipotle sauce incorporates the delicious Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Natural Cheese.</span></p>
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 cans chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 Tbsp adobo from canned chipotles
- 1 tsp vegetable or chicken bouillon
- 1/3 cup Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Natural Cheese
- 1 cup crema Mexicana or crème fraiche milk (if needed)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese
- finely chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Roast Poblano peppers over an open flame, carefully turning with tongs until their skin is completely charred. Place in a plastic bag, seal and steam for at least 10 minutes. Remove poblano peppers from bag and peel charred skin with the back of a knife. Let cool. Make a slit on one side of the pepper about ½-inch from the top to ½-inch from the bottom. Set aside.
- Combine chipotle peppers, adobo, bouillon, parmesan, and cream in a blender. Blend until smooth. If cream is thick, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is runny. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until tender; about 4 minutes. Add shrimp, season with salt and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are cooked through; about 8 minutes. Add chipotle cream sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble,
Spoon some creamy chipotle sauce on four serving plates. Stuff roasted poblanos with a slice of Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese each and creamy chipotle shrimp. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve.