Cheesy GorditosPrep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: | Calories:
<p>These Cheesy Gorditas are a delicious Mexican dish that consists of a crispy cornmeal shell stuffed with Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese, chorizo and beans. </p>
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp lard or vegetable shortening
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (16 ounces) of pinto beans
- 12 ounces of chorizo
- 8 oz. Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese
- Add pinto beans to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid on medium heat for 4 hours; check regularly and add salt, as needed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and lard (or vegetable shortening) in a mixing bowl and crumble into the flour until the texture resembles sand. Next, add hot water to the bowl and knead it for 10 minutes. Let dough rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, grab a palm-sized ball of dough and shape it into thick circle patties.
- Cook on medium-low heat for a few minutes on each side until they have cooked through. Make a slit right through the middle of the gordita, creating a pouch, and set it to the side.
- Cook the chorizo on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan, add the drained pinto beans, and mash up with the residual chorizo oil.
- Assemble the hot beans into the gordito and stuff them with Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican Shreds along with your cooked chorizo meat.
There are currently no reviews or comments.