<p>This delicious soup made with chicken broth, chicken, chiles, and corn is topped with Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese, avocado, and thinly fried tortilla strips and is sure to be a treat for both your taste buds and your senses!</p>
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp guajillo chilies, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken base
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp Mexican red chile powder
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 lime
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp caldo de pollo
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: fried tortilla strips, mexican crema, avocado slices
- To start, place chicken, tomatoes, garlic, guajillo chiles, onion, and chicken base in your pot along with water and Mexican red chile powder. Cook for 20 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Blend the remaining ingredients in your pot and then pour back into the pot along with your shredded chicken and frozen corn.
- Add lime juice, cumin, and caldo de pollo and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese and serve!