What’s better than crusty bread topped with tangy and savory homemade bruschetta that boasts flavors from peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes? Well, nothing except for a generous helping of Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut melted on top to elevate all of the wonderful flavors and add creamy warmth to this awesome appetizer.
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) Italian bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese or Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Place cut-side up on foil-lined baking sheet. Combine oil, garlic, pepper, and, if desired, salt; brush over bread. Sprinkle with green onions, tomato and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 500°F oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of bread are browned. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Garnish with parsley, if desired.