Appetizer & Sides
Swiss CheesecakePrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 60 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 551
There's nothing more delicious than a creamy cheesecake made with a buttery handcrafted crust and smooth Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese for ideal taste and texture along and Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese for that authentic cheesy taste you crave.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- For crust: combine flour and sugar in bowl. Add egg and butter; mix ingredients thoroughly. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Prick crust bottom several times with fork. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 15 minutes or until light brown; cool on rack.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, butter, flour, cornstarch and sugar in bowl; beat with electric mixer. Add egg yolks, one at a time, at low speed, mixing thoroughly after each. Beat egg whites in separate bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 minutes or until set (cake will rise, then settle down). Cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours or longer before serving.
There are currently no reviews or comments.