<p>Thin slices of beef sirloin are marinated, then stuffed with seasoned peppers, onions and mushrooms. What could be better? Each grilled bundle has two slices of Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese inside, that’s how. Add some salsa for dipping and chopped cilantro and you have what we call grilled perfection.</p>
- 8 slices beef eye of round ( ½-inch thick)
- 1 pkg. fajita seasoning(1.25 ozs.)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ ea. sweet red, yellow and green bell pepper, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 8 stalks asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tsp. chopped cilantro, optional
- Place one piece of meat in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Using a meat mallet or heavy bottom pan, pound the slice until flattened to about 1/8-inch thick. The slice should be about 5-6 inches in diameter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine fajita seasoning, vegetable oil and water. Whisk until smooth. Add flattened beef slices to the bowl and gently toss the meat with tongs until completely coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- While meat is marinating, grill peppers, onions and asparagus for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred and crisp tender. Transfer to a plate to cool. Cut pepper pieces and onions into strips.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and place one slice on a clean cuttng board. Place 2 slices of cheese in the center of the slice of meat. Place 1 strip of each color pepper, a few strips of onion and one stalk of asparagus in the center of each beef slice over cheese. Fold the bottom of the meat over the bottom of the vegetables. Fold in each side over the vegetables and secure with picks on the bottom and side. It should look like a pocket. Repeat with remaining beef slices, cheese and vegetables. Set aside.
- Grill stuffed beef fajitas on a very hot grill, turning ocen until cooked through and cheese is melted. Transfer to a plate or dish. Spoon salsa over beef and serve topped with chopped cilantro if desired.