Zucchini Stuffed Tomatoes
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 127
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cute or Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup herb croutons
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; scoop out pulp, juice and seeds, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Chop pulp and drain; place in medium bowl. Sprinkle tomato shells lightly with salt; drain cut-side down on paper towels while preparing stuffing.
- Stir cheese, zucchini, croutons, basil and pepper into tomato pulp; mix well. Divide mixture among tomato shells. Arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 20 minutes or until tomatoes are hot and cheese is melted.