<p>Here’s a little change of pace for summer burgers. Make these with a mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage, grill them to perfection, then melt on slices of Sargento® Pepper Jack Cheese and add crispy grilled pancetta slices. Top with lettuce, tomato and your favorite condiments.</p>
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Italian sausage, casing removed (about 4 oz.)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated onion
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices Sargento® Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 thin slices pancetta
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Mix together ground beef, sausage meat, bread crumbs, onion, tomato paste, egg, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 portions and shape into 1/2-inch patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill patties for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through. Top each patty with cheese and cook for about 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, grill pancetta for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crispy. Grill buns for about 1 minute or until toasted. Assemble burgers in buns with lettuce, tomato and pancetta.
- Tip: Serve with classic burger condiments such as ketchup, mayonnaise and hot mustard.