Creamy Patty MeltPrep Time: | Cook Time: | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>You'll crave this creamy cheddar patty melt. A burger is pan fried with onions in butter, then served on grilled sourdough bread with sliced Sargento® Creamery Cheddar or Swiss cheese.</p>
- Spread butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread, reserving 1 tablespoon for onions.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 slices of bread, butter side down. Place 2 slices of cheese over each slice of bread. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Remove slices from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining slices of bread and cheese.
- Melt remaining butter in the same pan. Add burgers and onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring onions occasionally.
- Flip burgers, stir onions and cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until burgers and onions are browned. Place burgers on grilled bread. Spoon fried onions over burgers. Top with remaining grilled bread slices. Cut burgers in half and serve.
- Note: These burgers can be made with ground beef burgers if you prefer.
There are currently no reviews or comments.