Grilled Vegetable SandwichPrep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 7 Min | Servings: 2 | Calories: 647
<p>Make a grilled vegetable sandwich for your next Meatless Monday. This sandwich packs a plentiful serving of vegetables including zucchini and baby eggplant topped with slices of onion, Sargento® Sliced Garlic and Herb Jack Cheese and a delicious combination of capers, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Grill it all on a ciabatta bun until the cheese is melted.</p>
- 2 baby eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chopped capers
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Ciabatta buns, split
- 4 slices Sargento® Garlic and Herb Jack Cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Toss eggplants, zucchini and red onion slices with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill vegetables, turning once, for 5 to 8 minutes or until grill- marked and tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, capers, lemon zest and lemon juice; spread evenly over buns.
- Layer slice of cheese, grilled vegetables and another slice of cheese in buns. Grill sandwiches for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until cheese has melted and buns are grill-marked.
There are currently no reviews or comments.