<p>This is a fun way to serve Spinach and Artichoke dip with Sargento® Cheese for Game day celebrations.</p>
- 3 - 8 oz tubes of refrigerated crescent roll dough sheets
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 packet (3Tablespoons) Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 can (14oz) chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese or Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375°. Finely chop spinach and add to a large bowl. Add chopped artichoke hearts. In a medium bowl, combine mayo, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Stir until well blended. Add to bowl of spinach and chopped artichoke hearts. Add cheddar and stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Make the bread football. On a nonstick work surface, unroll two dough sheets and re-roll the long way to make two longer rolls of dough. This will be the sides of your football.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment, unroll remaining dough sheet and stretch to flatten. Make sure your base sheet is centered lengthwise on your baking sheet. Place your rolled pieces together on the base sheet on a diagonal.
- Pinch the ends of the side pieces together to form the pointy ends of the football. Gently pull apart the two side pieces from the center to make a rounded football shape. On the ends of the football, gently pull the base corners to wrap over the pinched together edges to cover the seam.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the base piece around your football shaped sides. Use the two pieces of dough you removed to cut two long strips long enough to wrap around the top ends of your football, one on each side. You may have to gently stretch the strips in order to wrap the ends under. Secure ends and dough strips with toothpicks
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and egg to make a wash for the bread. Bake dough in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes. Remove smaller “stitching” pieces after 7-10 minutes or before it gets too browned. When football bread is done, let cool and remove toothpicks.
- Spoon reserved artichoke dip into football. Place “stitching” dough piece in center of football. Serve