<p>This is a delicious twist on your typical corn bread loaf. The waffle iron gives you a crispy crust that can withstand a dip in your chili or can be used in place of bread to hold together a gourmet sandwich...and the secret ingredient is <span>Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese!</span></p>
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels (for an extra special flavor treat use corn on the cob that has been grilled and slightly charred)
- spray oil for waffle iron
- Add eggs to a mixing bowl and whisk to blend whites and yolks. Add milk, oil and sugar and stir to combine.
- Fold in flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt
- When mostly combined, add cheese and corn. Stir to combine
- Let mixture sit for a few minutes while you allow waffle iron to heat to 375-400 degrees. Spray waffle iron between each waffle for a easy release and crispy crust.