Cheesy Beef Flatbread
Prep Time: 10 MIN | Cook Time: 6 HOURS | Servings: 8
- 2 1/2 lbs. Beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Mild chili powder
- 1 cup Salsa, prepared
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Slaw dressing
- 1 ea. Fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 8 ea. Round flatbread or pita bread, warmed
- 8 slices Sargento® Reserve Series™ Fresh Asiago Cheese
- 1 ea. Roma tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture over beef.
- Place seasoned beef in a 2 quart slow cooker. Add salsa and water, cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Using 2 forks, shred beef in slow cooker and gently stir until cooking liquid is combined with meat.
- While meat is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine slaw dressing and next 3 ingredients. Stir in shredded cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- With a fork or a small pair of tongs, top warm flatbread with some shredded beef. Top with 1 or 2 slices of cheese. Spoon refrigerated slaw mixture over cheese. Top with chopped tomatoes and serve.