<p><span>You’ll love the layers of white tuna combined with Sargento</span><sup>®</sup><span> Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese on this Monte Cristo sandwich. This twist on a classic will leave your tastebuds singing!</span></p>
- 1 can (6 oz.) white tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 3 Tbsp. light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped sweet pickle
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough or egg bread
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise and sweet pickle. Arrange 1 slice cheese over each slice of bread; top 2 with tuna mixture and close sandwiches.
- Beat together egg and milk in a pie plate or shallow plate. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning to coat lightly. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half; serve immediately.